The entrepreneurial attitude of Soleal Unternehmerkapital AG is also reflected in its approach to buying a company. All process steps are carried out and supported by the two founders of Soleal Unternehmerkapital AG. The use of external consultants is very limited and very selective. For the two founders it is crucial to get to know the company and its stakeholders in person by own analysis and discussions with the entrepreneurs, sellers, managers and employees. This way can it be mutually assessed whether a collaboration is promising because in the end it’s all about people and interpersonal relationships.
The foundation of every investment is a mutual trust between owners, management and employees. The framework conditions for a participation are thus worked out individually for each acquisition together with the owners to ensure a successful change of ownership and collaboration post-transaction.
A typical acquisition process by Soleal Unternehmerkapital AG is as follows and in a short period of time (2-3 months).
- Initial meeting between the entrepreneur/ seller and the founders of Soleal Unternehmerkapital AG, to get acquainted with the business and to assess the interpersonal „ chemistry”, which is a prerequisite for the success of such a project.
- Soleal Unternehmerkapital AG performs a preliminary assessment of the business based on few selected documents of the business and its finances.
- Submission of a non-binding offer by Soleal Unternehmerkapital AG
- Subject to the interest of the seller, a letter of intent will be prepared and signed by potential buyer and seller and used as a basis for the following process steps.
- Detailed analysis of the business of the company by Soleal Unternehmerkapital AG (so-called “Due Diligence”) as well as analysis of the market and market position of the company.
- Preparation of a first proposal for a share purchase agreement.
- Negotiations on the Share Purchase Agreement.
- Signing of Share Purchase Agreement.
- If necessary: fulfillment of potential conditions for completion of transaction.
- Closing of the transaction.